Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Stage 4 bowel cancer

charleyb

On to the bowel resection

So after spending all day in london making sure his lungs are ok after the lung op (there is a tiny amount of fluid on them but nothing to worry about) we have just been told we are good to go for the next one! So back into London hubby goes tomo to get settled and start bowel prep, and then the bowel resection is first thing Thursday morning.We both feel that we have barely got over the last operation and now back to it again!!
But the end goal is now firmly in our sight, and there is definitely more and more light at the end of the tunnel, onwards and upwards, love to you all :x::x::x:

GD1962

Hello @charleyb

Glad to read that recovery is going well and that gets home soon :x::x::x:

charleyb

Little update from us, hubby is home and resting. Hes doing brilliantly and the wound is healing very well. He needs to go to local GP in 7 days for the staples out (which sounds very sore as there are a lot) Then in 2 weeks we go back to London for the biopsy results. That will determine our next steps,which is most likely mop up of either 3-6 months.
So for now its rest, rest and more rest :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Great news @charleyb! Staple removal is pretty easy unless there are a couple of tricky ones!

Onwards and upwards!

K 💚💜💛💙❤️

charleyb
Quote from @Baxter2:
Great news @charleyb! Staple removal is pretty easy unless there are a couple of tricky ones!

Onwards and upwards!

K 💚💜💛💙❤️

They just look so gruesome Karen!! The lung wound was glued and it looked much nicer. Hope you are doing well :x::x:

Baxter2

All good with me thank you @charleyb. Minimal Housework, yoga and pump off on my agenda today!

Karen 💚💜💙💛❤️

Lizalou

Really good news @charleyb
Best wishes to you both :x::x:

Clancy

Fab news @charleyb, everything seems to be going to plan, and a big party sounds just what the doctor ordered. Get on t'internet girl, looking for that holiday.:x::x:

charleyb
Quote from @Clancy:
Fab news @charleyb, everything seems to be going to plan, and a big party sounds just what the doctor ordered. Get on t'internet girl, looking for that holiday.

Yes we definitely need a holiday, we`ve decided we will get back to our annual holiday for our anniversary in September (hopefully that will be two months after his reversal too!). hope you are well :x::x:

Clancy

Yes I am great thanks, definitely easier the liver surgery than the bowel, unless that is what is better for me. You have all handled this head on. Take care.:x::x:

Clancy

I was thinking of booking a cruise for my bestie and me @charleyb, she has been great. Maybe around Malta, Croatia, Italy. That has to fit it with my chemo plans of course.:x::x:

charleyb

Oh definitely that sounds amazing!! Charlie was thinking about Italy, he has always wanted to go!! @Clancy :x::x:

HopsiFAP

@charleyb Great news Hun. I agree with the others. I seemed to have loads of staples but they all came out pretty easily.. the nurse was so excited about cutting them out! Only awkward place was around my belly button I think!

You guys definitely deserve a holiday to celebrate when this is all over. I’m off to Spain for a week on Monday. First time abroad for 2 years so I’m so looking forward to it. 😎
Lots of love :x::x:

Baxter2

@Clancy.....Do it! Book the cruise! You’ll just love it!!

K 💚💜💙💛❤️

charleyb

@HopsiFAP oh that sounds amazing, you totally deserve a break!!! Have a fantastic time! and yes his belly button is pretty hidden under staples at the moment. Hes been for another walk so feeling a bit brighter, he is really not good at resting and sitting down! :x::x::x:

HopsiFAP

@charleyb Oh bless him. It must be tough when he’s usually so active. It’s great he’s feeling well enough to do so though. He’s doing so well.
Ah thank you so much. Yes it’s going to be so lovely to just get away.
Take care and I’ll speak to you soon
Clare :x::x::x:

Mountainmaid

@charleyb so pleased he’s home. Wishing him a speedy recovery and love to you both :x::x::x:

LynneW

HI @charleyb, a couple of weeks taking it easy and relaxing with plenty of sleep and good food, your husband will be back to his old self in no time! It is difficult when you like to do lots of stuff, but worth it in the end!

A cruise is fantastic, we are also hoping to go on a cruise around the Canaries in September. It is our anniversary on the 10th September!

Best of luck to the both of you :x::x::x:

charleyb
Quote from @LynneW:
HI @charleyb, a couple of weeks taking it easy and relaxing with plenty of sleep and good food, your husband will be back to his old self in no time! It is difficult when you like to do lots of stuff, but worth it in the end!

A cruise is fantastic, we are also hoping to go on a cruise around the Canaries in September. It is our anniversary on the 10th September!

Best of luck to the both of you

Its our anniversary on the 12th @LynneW! Yes he will feel so much better in a week or two,i think his pain meds are a bit low too so maybe thats adding to his frustrations. :x::x:

charleyb

Thankyou @Mountainmaid, and i`m so very sorry to read your update! Can not imaging how frustrating that is, coupled with a waste of you and hubbys time going into hospital. We were told after the resection that actually the surgeon was trying to reverse his stoma during the op, but due to the radio only being about 4 weeks ago it was a little too inflamed still, my husband was so disappointed. Whilst the stoma has been an absolute godsend he really can not wait to get rid of it!! :x::x: