Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Bowel cancer treatment and side effects

Baxter2

A & E oh joy!!

Temp up to 39.1 horrid sore cough and a bit of chest pain. Looks like I’m having IV antibiotics, chest x-ray, ecg and bloods. 😩

K 💜💚❤️💛💙

Baxter2

Thanks @GD1962 but I’m all good now! How are you doing??

GD1962

Hi @Baxter2

I am doing ok, got follow up appointment with Christies on 5th Feb, stoma nurse clinic on 16th Jan and letter sent to Manchester Royal by Christies to get liver clinic appointment to discuss surgery plan , just hoping solitary liver nodule stays that way prior to surgery.

kind regards :x:

Baxter2

Good to hear @GD1962!

You’ve done so very well and hopefully your surgery will be soon and if needed, get back on chemo pronto!

I’m not sure what you were told but I was told this surgery takes 6 months to recover from and I’d say it took me a good 5 months to feel ‘normal’ again! Take it easy!

Lots of love,

K 💚💜💛💙❤️

Sean

The op went well thank god @Baxter2 ! I had to leave at 7, but i phoned up and he's awake, or conscious atleast, so that's great!
Hard seeing him in ICU, real hard. But we get through tmw in good nic, and the only was is up! Im confident of that.:x:

GD1962

Hi @Sean

Glad to hear your dad's op went well and hope he has a good recovery.

Hugs and positive healing thoughts :x:

Sean

Thank you @GD1962 !

LABluebell

@Sean Glad to hear that your Dad is doing well. Hope today sees him go from strength to strength and you get some rest! :x:

Baxter2

Great news @Sean!

Hopefully you’ll feel a little less stressed now.

Take it easy!

K 💚💜💛💙❤️

Sean

yes, a LOT less stressed thanks. Seen him this morn and he's looking ok! Hadn't realised just how on top things felt. Upwards now. Hope ya having a nice day K!

Baxter2

Good to hear @Sean! Hope he continues to improve every day.

I’m fine thank you! I’ve had chemo all day but finished now and pump attached. It’s great to get started early and finished early too!

Take care of yourself Sean

K 💚💜💛💙❤️

Sean

God, another one huh! Good luck with the rest of it!:x:

Baxter2

Hi @Sean,

Haha! Yup! It’s chemo for life for me 😉 Apart from relatively minor and sometimes annoying side effects, I live quite happily doing as I wish and enjoying life despite my treatment. It be very jittery without it! 😉

K 💚💜💛💙❤️

Afraidboy

How is your temp now and how you feeling? :x:

Baxter2

Oh I’m all recovered now thank you @Afraidboy!

I got a weeks antibiotics and Tamiflu medication as a precaution. I’ve had chemo today and my neutrophils are within normal range so all good! I still have a bit of a cough but that’s it! Think I got off pretty lightly compared to half the population!

K💚💜💛💙❤️

Afraidboy
Quote from @Baxter2:
Oh I’m all recovered now thank you @Afraidboy!

I got a weeks antibiotics and Tamiflu medication as a precaution. I’ve had chemo today and my neutrophils are within normal range so all good! I still have a bit of a cough but that’s it! Think I got off pretty lightly compared to half the population!

K💚💜💛💙❤️

You keep fighting you're amazing :x:

Baxter2

Thank you @Afraidboy! Right back at you!

K💚💜💛💙❤️

StellieHB

@Baxter2 You ARE amazing- a proper tigress. I’m in awe of you! :x::x:

Baxter2

Haha! I hardly think so @StellieHB but thank you for the compliment!

Looking out for your post now!

K💚💜💛💙❤️