Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Relatives and friends

Nanny00

Horrid pain in bum

My daughter has had a terrible time on her 3rd cycle of chemo. All over Xmas she has had terrible pain in her bum. She says it feels as if she is giving birth. Has to cry out when going to the loo. Has anyone else had this prob

Baxter2

I’m sorry to read about your daughters pain @Nanny00

The GP surgeries are open today so I think it would be worth a trip there. She should get an appointment if you stress the importance of it and the pain she is in.

Piles can be very painful but it sounds like your daughters pain is maybe worse especially if she feels it’s like giving birth.

Good luck and hope she gets something sorted

Sending best wishes,

K ???❤️?

Bear G

Hi @Nanny00
Sorry to hear your daughter has this and I can definitely sympathise as I had similar when I was on my first lot of chemo (folfiri).
It’s likely to be piles (not unusual to get these on chemo) but passing ‘chemo poo’ through piles is excruciating! It was even worse when I had diarrhoea.
I’d suggest a call to her chemo nurse just for reassurance.
If it does turn out to be this then I found Jacobs Cream Crackers helped (recommended by my chemo nurse).
Big hugs
Bear
:x::x:

Nanny00

Thanks very useful info and nice to know it’s not uncommon

Nanny00

Thanks you so much. She is at the docs as we soeak

Baxter2

Great @Nanny00

Hopefully get something to sort the pain

K ???❤️?

DianeS

Hi @Nanny00 hope your daughter has managed to get this sorted out? Best wishes Diane :x::x::x::x:

Nanny00

Thanks. Got the cream, painkillers and most important reassurance

Baxter2

I hope you don’t mind me asking @Nanny00 but what cream did your daughter get from GP! Was the pain thought to be related to piles?

K ???❤️?