Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FORUM WILL CHANGE TO THE NEW CHARITY NAME, LOGO AND COLOURS FROM FIRST AUGUST 2018

Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Bowel cancer treatment and side effects

1234annie

Take that T4N1M0!!! Clear scan!!!

Woooohooooo I'm officially in remission. My scan is all clear and my cea 2.6 which she said is from chemo and my liver being inflamed. Bloods in 3 months and another scan in 6 months.
I cried tears of joy!! What a shitty year it's been and a battle for my mind and body. Just to get this far and be here to tell the tale I'm truly greatful, whatever the future may hold or throw at me. ?❤❤❤
Thank you all for your support, I couldn't have done it without your words of wisdom. :x:

michael

Ace!!!!!!!!!!!!

desiderata

Yayyy couldn't be happier for you! !!?

springer michelle

Best xmas present evervxx

Seashells

Woooohooo! Brilliant news @1234annie :x:

DianeS

Fantastic news @1234annie best Christmas present ever. Big hugs Diane :x::x::x::x:

Liriodendron345

??????????, brilliant! Kim :x:

Lauren5429

Fantastic @1234annie - jut brilliant. So pleased for you and thank you for letting us all know :x::x:

Les55

Brilliant news @1234annie have a lovely Christmas :x::x:

rebeccao

Couldn’t be any better, have a fantastic Christmas with loved ones. So pleased for you @1234annie :x::x::x:

Polly68

Brill!! Xx P

Meezermum

Whooooo @1234annie that is great news ?????? :x::x::x:

1234annie

Thanks everyone, I hope this gives more hope to everyone out there on the same journey. It is truly the best gift, we are also collecting this little monkey on Sat to complete our Chi family. My Neuropathy has got much worse since finishing treatment, oncologist said the weather doesn't help and my hand and feet are now completely numb. So dropping things and wobbling about on my feet has become norm!! Does anyone have any tips to help with it. I was told to stop the pyridoxine now and see how it goes. Annie x x x

bexly33

Brilliant news @1234annie. What a great Xmas present. All the very very best. Good luck with check up in March :x::x::x:

bexly33
Quote from @1234annie:
Thanks everyone, I hope this gives more hope to everyone out there on the same journey. It is truly the best gift, we are also collecting this little monkey on Sat to complete our Chi family. My Neuropathy has got much worse since finishing treatment, oncologist said the weather doesn't help and my hand and feet are now completely numb. So dropping things and wobbling about on my feet has become norm!! Does anyone have any tips to help with it. I was told to stop the pyridoxine now and see how it goes. Annie x x x

Hi Annie. I finished chemo 3 weeks ago. My neuropathy has also got worse. My hands and feet are very bad like yours. Fatigue terrible and knees bad if I get up from chair etc. Didn't expect this. That's not including brain fog. I think my body has been replaced by an alien! :x::x:

1234annie

I know what you mean @bexly33. Tiredness is not too bad but my hands and feet are painful too. I get shooting pain in my hands too. If I sit for a little while I'm very stiff too!! She said only time will heal me. :x:

CalmOnTheOutside

That's brilliant news @1234annie ! Like you my neuropathy has got worse the last couple of days, even though I had my last chemo two weeks ago. Must be the weather!

fnkyf8

@1234annie fabulous news Annie!!!! :x::x:

robbiedoo62

What AWESOME news Annie- I’m recently diagnosed T3N1M0- starting my chemo journey on 3 Rd Jan - am 5 weeks post op on Boxing Day - hope I have the fan - bloody- tactic news that you do in 6 months????- HAVE A WONDERFUL XMAS???

Rach

@1234annie fab news :x::x::x:

1234annie
Quote from @robbiedoo62:
What AWESOME news Annie- I’m recently diagnosed T3N1M0- starting my chemo journey on 3 Rd Jan - am 5 weeks post op on Boxing Day - hope I have the fan - bloody- tactic news that you do in 6 months????- HAVE A WONDERFUL XMAS???

Well done!! I hope everything goes smoothly though chemo. It's tough but doable. You can do it!!