Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Life with bowel cancer

Baxter2

I feel so grateful tonight

I’m so sorry to hear of Jaynesr passing away this morning. There are no words.........This disease is so cruel.

Tonight, I’m feeling very, very lucky and blessed to have had really good news following my CT scan earlier today. No indication of mets to any bones (including the rib which was mentioned in PET scan) No groin lymph node of concern and only loops of small bowel around site of nephroureterectomy. Only one of the four small liver mets seen which is now only 7mm. No signs of Peritoneal disease. My blood clot in inferior vena cava has gone but pulmonary emboli remain.

The summary says ongoing response to treatment with further reduction in liver metastases and pulmonary emboli remain.

I’ll take that!

I’ve not been sleeping and struggling emotionally but this has given me the hope I need again. I really do feel so relieved and can now look forward to Christmas and the New Year again. Ive opted to delay my chemo by a week too so I can fully enjoy the festivities with my closest family and friends.

Sending love and hope to each and every one of you tonight.

K 💚💛💙💜❤️

mem

Thankyou @DianeS and @Baxter2. I have officially poo'd! Yay! What a relief and what has my life come too to be yay-ing a number 2! Poo dances are so the way forward btw 💃💩. Love to you both :x::x:

Baxter2

Haha! Excellent news @mem! Delighted for you! My 💩 dance worked a treat then?! :x::x::x:

mem

Haha it certainly did @Baxter2! Blooming Movicol can stay in the cupboard next time! 😉 :x::x::x:

DianeS

Great news @mem hope you are feeling much better! Keep dancing :x::x::x::x:

Baxter2

Edinburgh’s Christmas yesterday.

LynneW

You look as if you are really enjoying yourselves!!! @Baxter2, Edinburgh certainly looks like a great Christmas event!!! You look wonderful! 🎄 🎄 🎄 Merry Christmas! :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you @LynneW

It was so lovely and seems to get bigger every year! Enjoyed my Gluwein too! 😉

K 💚💛💜❤️💙

springer michelle

Looks lovely @Baxter, and so do you, happy xmas :x::x::x:

Bridget55

Looks great. Fantastic. Xx both look lovely and happy and you look so well :x::x:

charleyb

What fantastic pics @Baxter2 :x::x:

GD1962

Marvellous news :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Thanks @springer michelle @Bridget55 @charleyb and @GD1962

How’s your recovery going GD? Will you be having Santa coming to you in Hospital this year?

Lots of love and Christmas cheer to you all!

K💚💛💜❤️💙

Meezermum

@Baxter2 looked like you had a great time , including the Gluwein 🍷. You look great and hugs to you both :x::x:

chrissie

@Baxter2 love the pooh dance, have a fantastic Christmas :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you both @Meezermum and @chrissie

Have a great Christmas too!

Now I need to stop procrastinating and get on with my wrapping instead of playing about on my iPad!

Love to you both,

Karen 💚💛💜❤️💙

Clancy

Looking Fantastic, have a great Christmas and New Year celebration.:x::x:

Baxter2

Thanks @Clancy.

Sending all my very best wishes for you too! Have a lovely Christmas and New Year!

K 💚💛💜❤️💙

mem

Don't you just love wrapping @Baxter2 😩! Gorgeous pictures of you both and you look lovely! We've now booked to go to Edinburgh, then Glasgow the day after for the patient day. Really looking forward to it. Anyway get on with your wrapping! They wont' wrap themselves you know 😉. Have a wonderful Christmas 🎄😘 :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Haha @mem

I’m all done and dusted now! Wrapping done and oven cleaned 👍

Great your coming up this way in Feb! Do you have friend/relatives up this way or is it just a wee city break for you both? I’m looking forward to meeting you at patient day!

Have an amazing Christmas!

Lots of love,

Karen :x::x::x::x:

mem

Yay what a feeling @Baxter2! I braved Christmas food shopping yesterday! It was my hubby that had to count to ten! Getting a grump in his olde age 😉. No, I don't have any family there, we have booked the 'Double Tree by Hilton, but actually both of my parents are Scottish. My Dad currently lives in the Isle of Whithorn. My Mum lives here, in good old Yorkshire.
We are both really looking forward to meeting you both too and maybe others as well.
Again, have a really lovely time, I hope you have now got your feet up and I really hope your neutrophils settle too🤞🏻😘 :x::x::x::x: