Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Bowel cancer treatment and side effects

Swanseacat

Scanxiety just arrived

I have my first post-chemo scan results tomorrow. I’ve been very chilled about this so far - until about 2pm today. With 24 hours to go I’ve started raging at anyone within 10 foot of me which includes my 2 and 7 year olds and my 72 year old mum. Hubby just arrived home and has no idea what he’s in for......

1234annie

Great news, I know what you mean about being over the moon. It's very good news. :x:

palace1960

This is great news @Swanseacat - have a great Christmas - cheers Ron :x:

kim74

That is fabulous news @Swanseacat Have a wonderful Christmas :x::x:

Sele2017

@Swanseacat this is great news. Enjoy ur Xmas. My result was still not available. :x::x:

Swanseacat

Ah @Sele2017 that’s really frustrating, when will you go back?

Thank you everyone. So this is where we try to find what the new normal looks like?? :x:

chrissie

Great news @Swanseacat really happy for you. Enjoy Christmas with your family :x::x:

mem

Really happy to read your good news @Swanseacat ☺️ :x::x:

Lady GT

No evidence of disease, THAT'S what we like to hear @Swanseacat . I'm so pleased for you.
Now you can really enjoy Christmas.
No, the fear hasn't gone away but try to push it right to the back of your mind for now.
:x:

Delboy

✅✅✅???

Familyfirst

Yay... super news :x::x:

Polly 1

Brilliant news :x::x::x::x:

steve707

Lovely news @Swanseacat . Now go and enjoy a wonderful Christmas. :x::x::x:

Swanseacat

Thank you all! :x::x:

Bear G

Hi @Swanseacat
That was slipped in very subtly! No Evidence of Disease (NED) is amazing news. I agree with the others - please, please celebrate! This is what you have been doing all this for, congratulations!
I understand it’s not a magic wand but please see that this shows that everything you’ve been doing is working and you’re beating this thing!
What a lovely early Christmas present.
Big hugs
Bear
:x::x:

bexly33

Good news @Swanseacat. I know it’s not easy to be positive. I’m
Not on here much as now finished chemo and will have scan and colonoscopy in March. Also changed from iPhone to samsung?. Have two phones on the go at the moment. Can’t get my head around Samsung. Need to sit down with it but can’t be bothered. Need to change contacts etc over!! 3 mobilebeen c..p. Cancelling when contract finishes! You keep ur chin up and have a lovely Xmas. Tree up today. MERRY CHRISTMAS ? everyone. :x::x::x::x:

Clancy

@bexly33, Merry Christmas to you, I too have changed my phone and can't be a..ed with it. From Samsung to Blackberry. I don't like Samsung too faffy. Anyhow good luck with the scan and scope.:x::x:

Swanseacat

Ah thank you for all the lovely messages. I’m annoyed with myself for feeling low when I know I’ve so much to be thankful for. We’ve been stuck indoors all day due to snow and a frozen toddler, so am spending too much time ruminating which is never good. Onwards and upwards (when the snow clears)! :x::x:

Bridget55

Hi @Swanseacat lovely to meet you last week. Hopefully get out in the fresh air today. We are pretty snowed and iced in here in South Derbyshire. Off to the children's hospice Rainbows where I volunteer today which is always uplifting. :x:

Swanseacat

You too @Bridget55 , I’m fed up of the snow now! Gosh that volunteering sounds both rewarding and demanding, good on you! :x: