Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

General Discussion

Brian

Standing witness to those who have died this year

For those who are unsure, a short explanation:

After becoming a moderator I decided to keep a list of those who have died during the year - each one precious, and missed by family and friends. The list is written in chronological order from January 2017 and added to as the year unfolds. I light a candle for each person on the list at a midnight service on Christmas Eve. Although I stepped back as a moderator a few months ago, I wanted to see this commemoration through, hence this request.

Though painful, we have the opportunity to stand witness to these beloved souls and remember with gratitude and thanksgiving, the impact they had in our lives.
As usual, I'm asking you to check the list carefully. If anyone's name is missing, I sincerely apologise; it's not intentional. Just send me a message with their name, or reply on this thread and I'll gladly add them, light a candle and pray for them, too. Hugs, B

Mr D (Plumbago’s partner)
Louise (springer michelle’s friend)
Hannah (Lyo6HAN’s daughter)
chelle73
KT’s mum
Dubindub’s husband
Billie’s husband
Mum23monkeys grandpa
dracunculus
jenny4jam
fifimutley’s dad
Lea
EllieY’s dad
Steve (MariaLou’s husband)
Buffalogill
Polly1’s mother in law
Noodle’s mum
Ann Carlin
Ben Ashworth
Forumuser123’s mum
LucyJemma’s mum
Rach1985’s mum
Tallulah’s daughter’s daddy
Deborah
Butterfly89’s dad
Peter (Swan's brother in law)
Roy (Swan’s hubby)
Barbm (angepange’s friend)
Lucylocket
Lucylou
Juliem1969
caz81
jambodeb
dk37 (Tom Marsilje)
Scardycat's dad
Clive (skywise's hubby)
Jaynesr
Aaron (Smiley2's friend)
Jen82
pieface82's mum
Don Barker
Haich
Mini1234's dad

Brian

Of course. Done. Hugs and love, B :x:

angepange

Every year the list is so sobering. It reminds me how bloody awful this illness is. Thanks @Brian , your gesture is really touching. God bless.:x::x::x:

deviem

God bless all those who have passed :x::x::x:

Trinity

@Brian could you add my husbands friend Don Barker to your list please, John and Don met whilst having chemo together and became good friends, Don was a larger than life character and prided himself in cheering everyone at chemo up and keeping the nurses on their toes. Don sadly passed away yesterday ! Thank you :x::x:

david watt

@Brian sad had not heard of jen82 passing. Bob who was a regular on forum for many years said he was given weeks to live back in August and no one has heard from him since. I think sadly Bob is another name to add to the list? Best wishes David

Brian

@Trinity How sad. Yes of course.
@david watt I've not heard anything about Bob but will see if the @mods may have had any recent news. hugs, b :x:

Bear G

I’d be cautious assuming that someone has passed, they could just be taking a break. Often it’s difficult to find out.
I will try to check

HH79

Hi @Brian I’m not sure if he was on this forum but a young man called Haroon Khalique who was on Shine Young Person Cancer group on FB passed away recently after a 3-4yr battle with bowel cancer, could we include him please? He supported a lot of us x @Chris82 I’m sure will be familiar with him.

Chris82

Hi @HH79. Haroon posted on here as haich. I know he is very much missed, in particular within Shine :x:

Trinity

Thank you @Brian !

A very happy Christmas to you and yours :x::x:

Michele

Dearest @Brian, thank you so very much for this. When I read the list there are so many names that where beacons of light when I first came onto the forum , @chelle73 I think held a special place in so many of our hearts. I will be thinking of the all the families who have lost their loved ones this year. I miss your wise words and kindness @Brian. I am really hoping that @Bob is not another name to add to the list. :x::x::x::x:

Brian

I have just added @mini1234's dad to this list - which is now closed for this year. This is because of the practicalities of setting up the memorial station before the midnight mass tonight. 43 candles will be lit in memory. May peace bless those who hurt and remember. Hugs, Bx

Chris82

Thank you @Brian as ever. Such a wonderful thing to do. Wishing you a very happy Christmas.
:x:

Polly 1

Thank you @Brian - my mother in law's name was Irene :x::x:

mini1234

Thank you this is such a beautiful and selfless act
god bless all those that have passed this year and there families
❤️❤️❤️

Lizalou

Thank you for doing this for all of us @Brian. I am remembering these loved ones and their families in my prayers tonight too. I hope you have a lovely Christmas. :x:

Sparkles

@Brian 💟 Thank you :x::x:

tonym

Many thanks for this Brian, i havent been using the Forum the last few months and the list is shocking, im particularly saddened by the loss of jaynesr, she was a inspiration with her grit and determination, my heart goes out to all of them and thier families

Tony M

Trinity

@Brian thank you, thoughts are with the families & loved ones and I wish you a peaceful Christmas and a healthy 2018 :x::x::x:

mem

I hadn't realised that the lovely @Jen82 and @haich had passed away. Very sad news :x::x: