Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Life with bowel cancer

Sophie

Bye bye cancer πŸ‘‹

Well after the most traumatic few months of my life which included uncle Charlie having an emergency operation for a blockage, diagnosis of bowel cancer, 9 chemo sessions, another emergency bowel operation for adhesions and twisted bowel, heart failure and funny wound .. today he was given the ALL CLEAR from cancer: :D turns out the treatment and side effects were all worth it. He went in to see the oncologist today and he said that although he was meant to have 12 chemo sessions, they were happy with the 9. Picc line removal on the 8th Dec and the doc said 'I never want to see you again' πŸ˜‚. There's definitely points in this year where I honestly never thought we would get this news or even get to any kind of positive ending. I have to give credit to his team - we have been really lucky to have such a supportive and loving team. And thank you all so much for all of your support I honestly don't know where I'd be without it! ❀️❀️!!!! :x::x::x::x:

Pam

Wonderful news @Sophie :x::x:

chrissie

Marvellous news @Sophie

Chas

So pleased for you all, wondrous! :x:

Lady GT

Oh that's made my morning @Sophie !
What fabulous, fabulous news for you all.
And let me just give YOU a little pat on the back for being so supportive to Uncle Charlie throughout all of this.
Bring on the festive celebrations!

:x:

jinnyp

Fab news @Sophie πŸ˜€ so pleased :x::x::x:

Lizalou

What a great update @Sophie. What an exhausting journey for you all! Continued best wishes for your uncle. :x::x:

palace1960

Absolutely brilliant news @Sophie - you have been great support to your Uncle Charlie throughout this, have a great Christmas, cheers Ron :x::x:

Alwyn

Wonderful news @Sophie :x: :x:

Meezermum

Dear @Sophie that is great news and your support for your Uncle Charlie has been amazing . You are truly a 🌟🌟🌟 lots of hugs :x::x:

mem

Fab news @Sophie. Bet you’re all going to have the best Christmas ever β˜ΊοΈπŸŽ„! :x::x:

1234annie

Fab fab news!!! ❀❀❀❀❀

springer michelle

That's fantastic news. Enjoy and celebrate xmas :x::x:

Caraeliz24

@Sophie what a lovely Christmas present!

LynneW

Hi @Sophie, great news. So happy for you all! :x::x::x:

michael

Job done! Yay!!!!

Trinity

Wonderful news :x:

LABluebell

Wishing you and Uncle Charlie and all the family happy times ahead! Big hugs :x::x:

desiderata

Uncle Charlie is lucky to have such a caring niece @Sophie. Wishing you all the best Xmas ever! πŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽ„

Sophie

Thank you so much everyone!!! We are going to have an amazing Christmas can finally get festive now! 😘😘😘