Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Life with bowel cancer

Michaels Mum

Wind taken from our sails!

Cant actually believe I am writing this- Michael had his 6 monthly CT scan last Tuesday and it has shown some abnormal lymph nodes around the original op site! Absolutely gutted. The colorectal nurse said that's why we do regular scans. His bloods were done end of July and were fine and he had a clear scan 6 months previous. They are meeting Wednesday to discuss things. Trying to stay positive but can I ask has anyone had anything similar? Heard the news two years to the day he was first diagnosed...

GD1962

Hello @Michaels Mum

Sorry to read about your news, and can't help you with your question, but just to wish you both well and hope your clinical team will have some answers.

Hugs and positive healing :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Hi @Michaels Mum
I’m so sorry to read your news today......but, at least this has been picked up and hopefully will be dealt with quickly and effectively. Hope you get some positive way forward following wednesdays meeting. Sending love, hope and strength to you both K 💚💙💛💜❤️

Michaels Mum

Thank you @GD1962 and @Baxter2 for your kind comments. He is young fit and otherwise healthy so fingers crossed...Think its the shock and the waiting that is the worst :x::x:

mem

Sorry to hear this news @Michaels Mum. I will also have my fingers crossed for Wednesday and I hope you don’t have to wait to long to know what they have decided 🤞:x::x:

Bear G

Hi @Michaels Mum
This sort of thing does happen and, as the nurse said, is why we go through all these tests.
Sounds like they’re moving nice and quickly for Michael which is exactly what you want to hear.
Anything they’ve picked up will be very new and therefore should be easier to deal with.
I had lymph node involvement develop last year. There was an option for additional chemo but my oncologist recommended a watchful waiting strategy and the nodes receded on their own.
Fingers crossed for a great action plan from Michaels team
Big hugs
Bear
:x::x:

chrissie

thinking of you both and sending hugs 🤗 xx@Michaels Mum :x::x:

Michaels Mum

@Bear G thank you so much for your comment. Just what i needed to hear that these things can and do happen- instead of my mind going into overdrive since friday thinking the worst and some!!:x::x:

DianeS

Just want to wish you all the very best of luck for Wednesday @Michaels Mum. I’m so pleased this has been picked up earlyand keep my fingers crossed that it will be dealt with quickly. Love Diane :x::x::x::x:

Alwyn

Hi @Michaels Mum I remember you from a while ago. I'm so sorry you're having to face uncertainty again but it is so good that it has been picked up quickly. Now it can be dealt with and banished again. :x::x:

poshbird

So sorry to hear this, try and keep strong :x::x:

springer michelle

Sorry to read this, but close monitoring is for picking things up quickly, let's hope its all ok , thinking of you, and best o f luck for good news after Wednesday :x::x:

Lizalou

Just wishing you both all the best @Michaels Mum

Keep reminding yourselves that this is exactly what the frequent check ups are for and, worst case scenario, things can be dealt with quickly. But hopefully it is just a temporary blip as in Bear's case. :x::x:

Michaels Mum

@Lizalou please let it be just a blip . I have everything crossed :x:

poshbird

Sorry to hear this, keep your chin up. :x::x::x:

LABluebell

Hi @michael's Mum I'm sure that Wednesday feels like a long time coming and am just sending you strength to support Michael through this. I think it's reassuring that this has been picked up early and locally and it will hopefully be dealt with very quickly and you can all heave a sigh of relief and get on with good times and exciting plans!!! Big hugs :x::x::x: