Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Life with bowel cancer

Baxter2

Back to this cancer malarkey!

Hi all, I hope everyone is as well as they can be. I just got back from a wonderful 16 night cruise with my husband yesterday and had a couple of brief glances at the forum while I was away. It was so relaxing and lovely to forget all about this cancer malarkey and feel like a "normal" human being for a change! Today it was back to business and had to go through to Glasgow for a PET scan. Now I have the dreaded wait for results and restart chemo next week. It was nice while it lasted! Love and hope to each and every one of you lovely people! K 💜💛💚💙❤️

Bridget55

Good luck @Baxter2 on Thursday. I'm sure you will prepare well and have lots of questions. You are such a giver to us it's now our turn to look after you, virtually. Keep that positive hat on. love and hugs Bridget :x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you so very much @Lizalou @kellyh15 and @Bridget55. Your love and support mean so much! I don’t have an appointment on Thursday Bridget, it’s @Clancy who does. I have chemo on wed. My oncologist is out of the country until 20th. I’m hoping to hear from my Peritoneal/Colorectal surgeon in Basingstoke over the next couple of weeks or so though! 😉 K 💛💜💚💙❤️

Bridget55
Quote from @Baxter2:
Thank you so very much @Lizalou @kellyh15 and @Bridget55. Your love and support mean so much! I don’t have an appointment on Thursday Bridget, it’s @Clancy who does. I have chemo on wed. My oncologist is out of the country until 20th. I’m hoping to hear from my Peritoneal/Colorectal surgeon in Basingstoke over the next couple of weeks or so though! 😉 K 💛💜💚💙❤️

Ok @Baxter2. A lot happening! good everyone working on it. Good luck resuming chemo on Wed.:x:

helena

Sorry I'm a bit late reading this @Baxter2 and what a rollercoaster you are on but sounds like great news from your man in Basingstoke and what a superhero he is for responding so quickly. You're so right, trying to decipher the medical jargon is really difficult. Sounds like you had a fabby holiday so I hope Wednesday's chemo goes well and I'm sending you a big bosey for good measure, Helena :x::x::x::x:

charleyb

I love how postive your hero liver surgeon is @Baxter2 , everyone needs someone like that in their corner!! Glad you are feeling better about it all, and that hopefully you will get answers soon, onwards and upwards, keep on keeping on :x::x::x:

CossC

Hi @Baxter2. Thanks for your message. You are such an inspiration and so pleased you have such good care around you, even though you have had to fight for it. As for my regime, I checked that I am having Irinotecan with 5FU and Folfiri. The 5FU and Folfiri were in the previous treatment regime of Folfox ( which had the Oxaliplatin as the addition). Am seeing the Oncologist this afternoon to review and hopefully get sorted. All love for today and to the forum. :x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you lovely girls @helena @charleyb and @CossC My liver surgeon really is Fantastic! I’ve just had an email from my peritoneal/Colorectal consultants secretary too who is going to chat to him about me. You’re so right @CossC I did have to fight for good care but I’m so glad I did! Looks like I’ll be having another wee trip down to sunny Basingstoke hopefully in the not too disctant future! Hope you’re all having a good day. Good luck at your appointment this afternoon CossC lots of love to you all! Karen 💛💜💚💙❤️

Baxter2

I’m laughing watching Bill Bailey on this morning.........My hair looked just like his (apart from the bald bit) when it thinned! 😂😂Thankfully it’s all grown in thick again apart from crazy curls I have to straighten the life out of!! :x::x:

CD1966

I'm just catching up with the forum after being away for a few days and glad to see you have had some better news from your liver surgeon @Baxter2 after the PET results. I really hate waiting for my brother's scan results - which we are doing at the moment - and it does seem that sometimes you don't really get given full or accurate info from the first people you speak to. Hopefully you're feeling better now?

Baxter2

Thank you @CD1966 What a difference a day made! Today, I got copy of the letter from my liver surgeon to my Peritoneal/Colorectal surgeon (who did my CRS and HIPEC in March) Indicating he would have me down for a CT scan and one stop review with him and the team of radiologists to ‘put this to bed’ he again used the ‘fantastic’ word! I’m taking this as a positive! When are you hoping to hear your brothers resuts? K 💙💛💜💚❤️

Mandy

Pleased things are more positive for you hope the scan goes well :x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you @Mandy! Hoping things are still all good with you and hubby? K 💛💙💜💚❤️

CD1966

Hi @Baxter2 - I think he was due a meeting today but I don't like to hassle him for them so I have to wait until he tells me. I don't want to pass on any of my anxiety to him. I haven't heard anything one way or the other so I always take it that no news is good news and if there was anything urgent he would have contacted me by now... Fingers crossed.

Baxter2

Here’s hoping for good news @CD1966 and I have everything crossed for him! K 💚💙💛💜❤️

CossC

Hi@Baxter2. So pleased for you and FANTASTIC too. So glad as you are such a wonderful support to so many people. lets share and celebrate the good times . Had my 2nd treatment yesterday which went smoothly after last time. Feeling pleased with myself for getting thru it and feeling calmer altho wobbly and shaky with the piriton hangover. Love to allx

Baxter2

Ahh, that’s good news to read @CossC! Well done and here’s to the continuation of our treatments! I actually feel great (psychologically) during and after each cycle knowing the little critters are taking a beating! Haha! Weird how my mind works but makes me feel more positive! Hope you’re having a good day! It’s a gorgeous sunny day up here but pretty cool!im getting pump off today and heading to Murrayfield tomorrow with hubby and friends for lunch and to watch Scotland beat Samoa (hopefully 😉) looking forward to it as not been for a few years! K ❤️💚💙💛💜

Highkaren

Hi @Baxter2 I'm having my pump off today too and will be enjoying my first ever rugby match on the 18th Scotland v New Zealand... excited x sunny in Perth today too and that puppy is keeping me on my toes and making better friends with Maisie

Baxter2

Oh you’ll love that game @Highkaren! Lovely to see them being friends! It does take them a bit of getting used to doesn’t it? Puppies can be so annoying at times for older dogs set in their ways! Hope you have a good weekend! K 💚❤️💙💛💜

CD1966

Thanks @Baxter2 - he had his scan results on Friday and it sounds like positive news. The spot in his upper femur which was given radiotherapy in August has apparently calcified (which I think from a previous post from @LankyYankee is supposed to be good?) which is what the twinges & stiffness are which he has been getting there presumably. But the nasties killed off. His lung spots are reducing still and there is talk of him having a chemo break over Xmas during which they may ablate these. And nothing new showing up elsewhere either. So I will take this as a positive scan!

Baxter2

Oh wow! That’s excellent news @CD1966! It certainly does sound very positive! K 💚💙💛❤️💜