Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Life with bowel cancer

1234annie

Not feeling positive today!

I'm sorry for the miserable post. Feeling down today, I was disconnected yesterday off the 5fu pump. Thoughts are really haunting me, is my chemo working, will it come back, what will I do after chemo? Scared about all the follow ups and check ups. Mine was t4bn1mo, just so petrifiyed today. 😔 I know people have and do get though this but it's just so worrying. Sorry
Annie :x: :x: :x:

Rach

Hi @1234annie I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling down. You're certainly not alone in feeling like this. We all feel it at times. I hope you're feeling brighter now and are enjoying your weekend. Much love :x::x::x:

1234annie

Hi Guys @Seashells @bexly33 @Sparkles @kidsversuscopy
I'm ok, pulled myself out of the self pitty hole and went off to the new forest with the kids n hubby for a week. Hands are so dry and peeling....is this normal. I've used a tube of udderly smooth in two weeks!! I'm now finding it harder to use them too, they are very numb 😕

kidsversuscopy

Hi @1234annie - glad you're feeling a little better. I hope you're having/had a lovely time in the New Forest. I have exactly this on my feet and i'm using udderly smooth too. It's not painful, just annoying..... another wonderful side effect, eh? :x::x::x:

Clancy

Yes I have it on my face and neck, lovely, just in time for trick or treat! I have just ordered some hemp seed oil, desperate measures. :x::x:

charleyb

Annie, Charlies feet are like this but more cracked with it, not so bad on hands, more round nails @1234annie . His got so bad they started to get infected too, hes on more antibiotics to help now :x::x::x:

Seashells

So good to hear from you and that you're enjoying a break in the new forest @1234annie
I don't have any suggestions for the hands, Mine just get very tingly when cold but then I've only had 3 doses of Oxi so far. I have udderly smooth but also use vaseline intensive care with aloe vera (the green bottle) which I find very soothing on hands and feet. May be worth a try? :x:

chrissie

@1234annie glad to hear your feeling better and you enjoyed your break in the New Forest :x::x::x:

Lawsey

Hi Annie - go kick those leaves, too much suffering (much sympathy for you)- enjoy the colour and the crunch :x::x::x::x::x:

bexly33
Quote from @kidsversuscopy:
Hi @1234annie - glad you're feeling a little better. I hope you're having/had a lovely time in the New Forest. I have exactly this on my feet and i'm using udderly smooth too. It's not painful, just annoying..... another wonderful side effect, eh?

I have this as well
and on feet. It’s rubbish. I’m
Using Aveeno cream. It helps. All the best :x::x:

1234annie

Well I made it though round 9! They took the oxy away as my tips of fingers and feet are numb on sole and heal. They were so red too. So this cycle without the oxy seems a doddle (she says touch wood) normally I'm straight in bed feeling like crap but I went straight out in the car to the shops with pump on, cooked tea and did a little bit of cleaning!!! Never would be able to do this on oxy. Also my chemo was only 1/2 hour for the vit bag, shot of 5fu, pump on off I went 😁 love Annie :x:

CalmOnTheOutside

Great stuff @1234annie ! So great to see you feeling so much better without the oxi! :x:

Meezermum

@1234annie well that's good news 👍😀

bexly33

Glad regime reduced @1234annie Is this for this cycle? All the best :x::x:

1234annie

@bexly33 I think it's will be to the end now. I was put on 12 cycle of folfox mop up so 3 more to go. :x:

Kathy L

Hello! @1234annie. Both in the twilight zone I see! Might go and make the tea as I suspect no more sleep for me! :x:

1234annie

Oh I know @Kathy L , I went to bed at 7:30pm and woke at 2am!! I think I drifted off at 5ish. Lots going round in my head and the steroids keep me awake. I had chemo Friday so still a bit up n down. Annie :x:

Sasa

Hi @1234annie , Mark adjusted his doseage for the 5fu (well his onc did!) by 20% reduction and it made the world of difference. They also changed his anti-sickness off the Dom Perignon (;)) to something else and he became a different person.

At the end of the day they will adjust for you if they can, so just keep bothering them and Im sure they will be only too glad to help.

You'll soon bounce back, you are usually a little ray of sunshine!

Sarah :x:

1234annie

Thanks @Sacha. I'm ok today, I think it's been building up in my body and getting me down. This session without the oxy has been very good. No nausea, hands have improved, no so tired so all in all I'm doing ok 😁 my mind still goes into overdrive but I think that's normal. I seem to be more worried when the kids get poorly or say something hurts and immediately think the worst!! Annie :x:

bexly33

Hi @1234annie. Hope you pick up soon. 12 cycles is a lot. I am having probs with 8. I’m Stage T3N1M0 but only having the 8. Thinking of you and all having probs. Take care :x::x::x: