Helpline
Speak to a member of our Information Support Team
(Call-back service – 24h answer machine)

020 8973 0011

or email nurse@beatingbowelcancer.org
Beating Bowel Cancer Community

Stage 4 bowel cancer

StaceyH

Greg's writing about stage 4 diagnosis

Morning all

My partner Greg has written a piece for my website about the moment he was given his stage 4 diagnosis. It's heart braking, beautiful and strangely in parts humourous. I thought you might be interested to read his thoughts...

www.beneaththeweather.com/blue-draped-cube/

:x::x::x:

Rach

@StaceyH As you say, it's beautifully written and the old man with his testicles made me giggle :x::x::x:

chrissie

What a beautiful piece of writing. My prayers and love are with you all :x::x::x:

jinnyp

Wow, that is powerful and beautiful - thank you for sharing this. Love and hope to you, Greg and your girls :x::x::x:

Baxter2

What a very powerful piece of writing @StaceyH! You are both pretty special and remarkable people. Sending lots of love and strength, K 💜💛💚💙❤️

Meezermum

@StaceyH beautifully written 💙💛💚 hugs :x::x:

Baxter2

I hadn't realised what a talented musician he is @StaceyH! I've just been listening to some of the bands music.....brilliant! K 💜💛💚💙❤️

bexly33

“StaceyH. I can’t think of any words other than beautiful and heart rendering. Be strong Stacey. :x::x::x:

Lady GT

@StaceyH .
Wow, and I mean WOW.
I am rarely moved to tears but Greg's words just sum it all up so powerfully.
What shines through for me is his empathy for you and the rest of the family. He almost holds back from expressing his own fears, seeing everything instead through YOUR eyes and appreciating the impact this all has on his family and loved ones.
He saw the world shift for you, heard his Dad's pain uttered in a single expletive from the bottom of the bed, KNEW what his Mum was going through out in the corridor.
Even took on board how hard this was for the medical staff.

Powerful stuff.
I agree with Karen, you are both special and remarkable people.
Thank you for sharing this with us.
:x:

Trinity

Powerful ! Such a considerate & remarkable couple :x:

Swan

Lost for words :x::x::x:

Margaret68

@StaceyH oh wow what a read what a lovely couple you are :x::x::x:

Bridget55

@StaceyH so well composed, beautifully written. This needs to be published wider.
Love to all of you. :x:

HH79

This is amazing @StaceyH.

belinda66

A fine writer who uses the English language beautifully.

GD1962

Hello @StaceyH

That is a beautiful piece of prose and as someone with a Stage 4 diagnosis can relate to the content. It demonstrates an insight to how Gregg and his family dealt with tragedy of how it impacts family and the sufferer too. Deserves publication.

My very best wishes :x::x::x: